Pray First in 2018
As we begin a new year together, we remind ourselves that prayer is not our last resort, it's our first response. Prayer should be a priority in our lives. Whether we're celebrating, mourning, seeking, or simply saying 'thank you,' our first instinct should always be to go to God in prayer.
#PrayFirst is a 21-day period of fasting and prayer designed to prioritize our relationship with God and focus our attention on what matters most. How you start the year matters. We want to encourage and empower you to start 2018 seeking God's wisdom, strength, and direction for your life.
Whether you can't imagine your life without prayer or you can't imagine where to begin, the power of prayer isn't determined by the presentation. It's not the strength of our faith, it's the object of our faith that changes things.
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV
What To Do
Throughout this 21-Day Journey we invite you to join us in the following:
Follow us on social media for daily reminders and inspiration
Join us each day on Facebook Live for a live prayer session at 12 noon.
Join us on January 10 & 17 at 7:30pm for 1 hour of prayer and worship together.
City Life Church
410 Bayshore Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94124
Daily Prayer Focus
- January 08 - 2018
- January 09 - Our City
- January 10 - Our Nation & Leaders
- January 11 - Our World & The Global Church
- January 12 - Cultural & Social Influence
- January 13 - SOZO Families
- January 14 - Sunday Services
- January 15 - Freedom
- January 16 - Local Schools
- January 17 - Team Night
- January 18- Small Groups Launch
- January 19 - Influence in our City
- January 20 - Outreach Projects
- January 21 - Growth Track
- January 22 - Evangelism
- January 23 - Supernatural Healing
- January 24 - Other Local Churches/Pastors
- January 25 - Financial Provision
- January 26 - More Servant Leaders
- January 27 - Salvations & Life Change
- January 28 - Our Church & Pastors
In addition to this time of prayer, we would love for you to join us in fasting over the next 21 days! Whether you decide to give up a certain type of food or take a break from social media, this form of self-denial, when used to focus on prayer, will align your heart with the heart of God.
Please remember that every person is different and you should only choose what is a healthy and safe choice for you.
Below are some common types of fasts you may be interested in:
- 21 Day Liquid Fast - Give up solid foods
- 21 Day Daniel Fast - Fruits and vegetables only
- 21 Day Media Fast - Give up media
- 7 Day Fast - Fast with us for 7 days
- Lunch Fast - Fast with us over lunch each day
- Wednesday Fast - Fast with us on Wednesdays
- Create Your Own Fast
And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
Matthew 6:16-18 (ESV)